- 除了12月10日（周六）上课各校区继续接待之外，学校将在12月11日（周日）、12月17日（周六）、12月18日（周日）在Mt Waverley总校体育馆集中接待家长咨询、给孩子注册及交费；
新金山中文学校是一所教育部认可的旨在保护儿童安全的社区语言学校，如果您对我校的有关儿童安全相关政策有任何疑问或建议，请登陆我校网站 https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/或致电98881688进行查询，也可发邮件至[email protected]
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
Term 4 is coming to an end soon. Due to the Election Day last Saturday, our Term 4 Saturday classes will end on 10th December and Sunday classes will end on 4th December. To support parents in 2023 enrolment, we would receive enrolment and enquiries on 11th, 17th and 18th December in the Hall on the senior campus of MWSC. The school office would be closed from 22 December 2022 to 15 January 2023 and resume receiving enquiries on 16 January 2023. Term 1 starts from 4/5 February 2023.
This is the last Principal’s message of the year and I would like to share some information with you.
- We would resume providing gold and silver medals for well-performed students of the year and certificates for students who have made great progress over the year to appreciate their efforts and encourage more students to work hard in Chinese language learning.
- The Early Bird benefits is valid by 18 December 2022. About 1/3 of students have enrolled in 2023 and made the payments whose parents have saved a couple of hundred dollars to prepare for their children’s Christmas and New Year presents.
- 2023 enrolment and enquiries are available in the Hall on the senior campus of MWSC on 11th Dec (Sun), 17th Dec (Sat) and 18th Dec (Sun). The Saturday 10th December is for class teaching as usual.
- Please be aware that parents need to complete the enrolment form before making the payment. The enrolment form is to be completed annually as requested by DET. It would be much appreciated if you could understand and support our work.
- Semester 2 School Report would be prepared for prep to Year 10 students. Please contact your child’s class teacher if you would like to know the details.
- Students who have been enrolled and made the payment would receive school commencement notice one week before 2023 Term 1 with information about the class arrangements and classroom directions.
- The Handwriting Competition outcome is now available online. Please click the link for details.
- We’ve been informed by the Hua Ce Test Centre of Jinan University that our 2600 answer sheets are under the serious marking with those from countries all over the world and the outcome will be available for checking by the end of the year.
- On 26 November, we organised a wonderful cultural event with teachers, students and parents. Please feel free to click the link for details.
- Cricket Victoria is now inviting our students to enjoy a free match (Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes BBL) on Friday (16/12/2022) at the MCG, Melbourne (please click the link for details). As part of this experience, our school will have the opportunity to bring along 22 students and one parent / guardian each. If you are interested in the match, please visit https://forms.office.com/r/TK4Kat4J6S for registration (22 places only, by 9 December).
I would like to take this opportunity to present my sincerely appreciation on behalf of XJS to our 3800 students who have made great efforts in Chinese language learning in 2022, to their parents who have trusted us and given us great support and to all the teaching and admin staff who have gone through various difficulties and completed our teaching tasks successfully. Let’s keep on walking together in 2023.
I wish you a peaceful, safe, pleasant and wonderful school holiday ahead. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Kevin Hu, Principal