大家好！春天到了！首先，有不少家长来询问春天假期的中华文化园活动。这个春令营活动9月19日-22日在我校Mt Waverley总校举办（9月23日公众假期在丹顶龙山橡树庄园家庭日自愿参加），活动主办方是澳大利亚常青藤文化书院和上海常青藤学校，报名早鸟优惠本周日（9月5日）结束。了解具体情况请点击: 春令营
新金山中文学校是一所教育部认可的旨在保护儿童安全的社区语言学校，如果您对我校的有关儿童安全相关政策有任何疑问或建议，请登陆我校网站 https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/或致电98881688进行查询，也可发邮件至[email protected]
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
Spring is coming. Many parents have contacted us enquiring about the arrangement of Chinese Culture Camp during term break. We are happy to let you know that the Chinese Culture Camp scheduled 19-22 September on the senior campus of Mt Waverley (the Oak Farm Family Day on Mt Dandenong on 23 September is an optional event) is organised by IVY Culture and Shanghai IVY School and the Early Bird benefit ends on this coming Sunday 5 September. Please click the link below for details: Chinese Culture Camp
The Chinese proficiency test Hua Ce is scheduled next weekend for year 3-9 students. We have organised a special training this week for year 3-9 teachers helping them understand the benefits of the test, the styles of questions and how to answer the questions correctly and they would then explain them to their students this weekend. I would like to make it clear that Hua Ce is a new method of evaluating the Chinese language proficiency of students outside China in Chinese reading and understanding. Therefore, don’t be afraid of the test. We have to trust our students and they would present how much they have grasped in their Chinese language learning.
Moreover, I would like to report a very important issue to you today. To ensure the safety of all the campus users, Mt Waverley Secondary College has made a series of regulations regarding the safety of our admin staff, teachers, students and parents which would be supervised by a professional company. Please read and observe the following regulations carefully to create a safe and healthy learning and working environment for all of us.
- Consumption of alcohol should cease a minimum of 8 hours before commencement of work. Drunkenness or consuming alcohol whilst working or in the school workplace and the consumption of alcohol to the extent that a person is affected when they commence work is strictly forbidden (adults after consuming alcohol are not allowed to enter the campus).
- The abuse of illicit and medication drugs or being in possession of any illicit drug or drugs of dependence without a medical prescription, whilst working is strictly forbidden and will lead to instant dismissal from the school site.Where the above is reported to or known to management, the continued engagement will be subject to review. Police will be advised of suspicion of the presence of illegal drugs.When consuming prescriptions drugs or over the counter drugs, advise your employer/manager if you are on medication.
- No smoking is allowed on campus or within four metres of any entrance of the school.
- No staff, parent or visitor to the school will bring a dog onto the campus.In the event of a dog being brought onto the campus prior to its owners’ awareness of this protocol, the owner will ensure the dog is physically restrained immediately he/she becomes aware of this requirement and remove the dog at the earliest possible time.
- All vehicles, whether company or private, must be covered by appropriate insurance and must comply with Victorian Road Rules whenever used on campus and all drivers and passengers must adhere to these road rules.Only people with current driver’s licences and relevant regulatory licences or permits will be permitted to drive vehicles.Vehicles entering school grounds must adhere to all traffic signage. Where there is no signage, vehicles are to move at 5km/hr on campus.
Each school community member would benefit from the safety of school campus. So please observe the relevant regulations carefully.
At last, I would like to announce excellent achievement our students have achieved in the first Chinese Character Chess Competition: Enxin Lin and another 6 students have obtained the First Prize (out of 23 places), Mingzhe Lin and another 8 students have obtained the Second Prize (out of 59 places) and Yunfei Zhang and another 12 students have obtained the Third Prize (out of 75 places). XJS students have ranked the first place in the overall score leader board. I would like to present my warm congratulation to all the outperformed students, their teachers and of course their parents who have supported them all the way in the training and competition. Well-done!
Let’s see you again this weekend on campus.
Kevin Hu, Principal