Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
Last weekend was our first week for Term 3. Although Victorians go back to stage 3 restrictions, 95% of 5500 students attended our online classes, which is very impressive. I would like to present my sincere appreciation to all the teachers, students and parents for your huge support in our journey of Chinese language and culture learning.
As instructed by DET, prep to year 10 students would remain online learning by 19 August. VCE 11 and 12 students could go back to school on campus. Considering the current situation of COVID-19 in Victoria and parents’ concern on students’ health and safety, we have made various arrangements for our VCE students on different campuses. VCE 11 students would conduct learning mainly online (they may go back to campus if necessary) and VCE 12 students would go back to school on campus (please refer to the VCE teachers’ notice for each campus).
To protect all our staff and parents while they are working on campus, it would be much appreciated if you could follow the regulations below:
- All the people (including admin and teaching staff and students) are required to receive temperature check. Anyone with temperature over 37.5oC is not permitted to enter the campus.
- Any staff or student who has flu-like symptoms such as blocked nose, fever, coughing or sore throat, please visit your GP or get a COVID-19 test and do not return to campus until the symptoms have eased or your COVID-19 test result is negative.
- If any staff or student is found feeling sick on campus, we would ask him/her to go home or contact his/her parents for picking up.
- All the staff and students on campus are encouraged to wear face masks if possible.
- Parents are not permitted to enter the campus while dropping off or picking up. If it is necessary for them to enter the campus (such as enquiry, making payment or claiming refund), they are required to receive temperature check and register their name, telephone and arriving date and time.
- All the parents are required to practice social distancing rules (1.5 metres away from others) inside the Chinese Office.
- Teaching and admin staff are required to practice social distancing rules (one person in every 4 m2) in kitchen/dinning area on campus.
- All the staff and students are encouraged to practice good hygiene all the time. Our admin staff would sanitize the mostly touched areas (such as door handles) from time to time.
I know it’s a hard time for all of us. I hope all the teachers try your best to deliver every class online and keep our teaching quality as usual. I also hope every member of our school community keeps on working together to win this fight against COVID-19.
Please keep safe and healthy.