Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
We are so pleased to inform you that we could finally return to on-site learning in 2021. Term 1 would start from 30/31 January 2021.
Due to the fact that the Covid-19 virus is still spreading worldwide, we would strictly follow the DET instructions with a detailed COVID Safe Plan when we return to the on-site learning. It would be much appreciated if you could respect and follow the relevant instructions.
- All students are expected to attend on-site classes.
- Staff and parents aged 70 years and older, or aged 65 years and older and with chronic medical conditions or of any age and have a compromised immune system should seek advice from their medical practitioner about their on-site attendance.
- Staff, parents and students must stay at home when unwell.
- Staff and students experiencing compatible symptoms on campus with coronavirus (COVID-19), such as fever, cough or sore throat, would be isolated in an appropriate space with suitable supervision and students should be collected by a parent or carer as soon as possible.
- Face masks are recommended when 1.5 metres physical distancing cannot be maintained. Take mask breaks throughout the day, when you’re in settings that do not require them to be worn and keep yourself hydrated with water in hot days.
- Parents are expected to leave the campus as soon as possible after dropping off and picking up. Parents are not expected to stay onsite during class time.
- Parents seeking for enquiry and paying tuition fees are expected to register with their details in the designated reception spots.
- All staff, students and visitors to schools should undertake regular hand hygiene.
- Sharing of food is not recommended. Always wash your hands before taking food.
- Use non-contact greetings (not shaking hands, hugging or kissing).
- Staff must practise physical distancing 1.5m between themselves and other staff members or adults to the extent that is reasonably practicable. Staff should physically distance themselves from students where appropriate and feasible.
- COVIDSafe routine cleaning will be in place from Term 1, which involves daily end-of-school-day cleaning, with a particular focus on cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces during break times.
- Doors would be kept open if feasible to keep air circulating.
Our school has a Zero Tolerance Policy regarding physical or verbal abuse of our students or staff. Physical or verbal towards our staff will not be tolerated. Offenders may be told to leave the school and police may be notified.
We have made various preparation to keep on providing quality Chinese language learning services to all our students. Please pay attention to the class offer notices from your class teachers within the next few days.
In 2020, our VCE students conquered great difficulty and obtained great achievements in VCE Chinese final exams: 7 students got All-Round VCE High Achiever Awards and 73 students obtained 40+.
In 2021, let’s work together again.
Kevin Hu, Principal