From Term 2, Mt Waverley Secondary College is going to build a brand-new science education centre which is the good news both for MWSC and XJS. However, the location of the new science education centre would be placed between the Hall and the portable rooms, the original P15 room would be removed. Therefore, we have to relocate the following classes.
Please refer to the SATURDAY MAP (relocated classrooms are marked in red)
Please refer to the SUNDAY MAP (relocated classrooms are marked in red)
此外，建筑公司根据校园安全要求在施工工地附近筑起了安全围栏，这样也使到我们Mt Waverley总校校区内减少了教师和家长的停车位。我与Mt Waverley 中学校长多次交流听取日校交通管理的经验，同时走访了总校校区周围居民区。这里，就老师和家长们的安全停车事宜给大家提出如下建议：
Moreover, the construction company would set up the safety fence around the construction site, which would reduce the parking spots on the senior campus. I have discussed this issue with the Principal of MWSC for parking advice and interviewed local residents regarding the issue. I hereby provide you some parking tips for your reference:
- Please DO NOT park and stop along the streets marked in RED in the map below to avoid fines.
- 从Lechte Rd 进入校区后靠左边有停车场，沿绿色虚线在校内前行（限速5公里）可靠边上下车，然后从Beaufort St出口，高峰时建议左拐以免堵路；
- If you enter the campus from Lechte Rd, there is a parking area on the left side. You can also stop along the street marked in GREEN in the map to drop off or pick up children, exit the campus from Beaufort St and turn left to avoid traffic jam (at peak time).
- Beaufort St 大门仅作出口，任何车辆不可进入；
- Beaufort St gate is for exit only and no vehicle is allowed to enter from this gate.
- 从Gordon Rd进入校区后左右两边均可停车，离开（高峰）时建议左拐以免堵路；
- You can park on both sides on campus when entering from Gordon Rd. If you exit from Gordon Rd (at peak time)., please turn left to avoid traffic jam.
- Teachers and parents are recommended to park along the streets with GREEN ARROWS in the map which is about 50 to 100 metres away from campus and there are no time limits for parking over there (please do not block any local driveways).
We appreciate your great support to XJS and your acknowledgement to our teachers on the senior campus of MWSC. As there are about 3500 students enrolled on this campus, the change of campus usage would no doubt bring huge impact on traffic and parking. I wish we could work together, like what we have done to go through the Covid-19 pandemic, and provide the best Chinese language learning opportunities to our children.
Thank you very much for your understanding and support.
Kevin Hu, Principal