- 校区内不再需要扫描QR Code登记。
在Mt Waverley 总校上课的老师、同学和家长们：由于日校新建科学教育中心，我校部分班级的教室有调整，老师和家长的停车位也随之有变化。请大家注意阅读学校另外发出的教室调整和交通安全注意事项的通知。
新金山中文学校是一所旨在保护儿童安全的社区语言学校，如果您对我校的有关儿童安全相关政策有任何疑问或建议，请登陆我校网站 https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/或致电98881688进行查询，也可发邮件至[email protected]
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
In the last few weeks, thanks to the beautiful weather and the ease of covid restrictions in Victoria, I hope you have had a wonderful school holiday. Our term 2 starts from this weekend (30 April/ 1 May).
I would firstly like to let you know some important issues that you should be aware of:
- Students are not required to be vaccinated to attend school. While vaccination is not mandatory for students, vaccinations are strongly encouraged as the best way to protect individuals, families and school communities from the spread of COVID-19.
- The Victorian Minister for Health has determined that COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for staff who work in schools. All staff are required to have received three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless a medical exemption applies. The third dose vaccination requirements also apply to any visitors or volunteers performing work on school sites.
- Parents, carers and other adult visitors are no longer required to show evidence of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine if not performing work or volunteering at the school.
- Students (or their parents) must also report a positive result to the school, either by phone or written notification; this is so the school can record that they will be absent while in 7-day isolation, provide support and learning materials as needed and let the rest of the school community know there has been a positive case onsite and that they should monitor for symptoms.
- Students and staff who tested positive and completed their 7-day isolation period are not required to participate in the RAT screening for 12 weeks after their release from isolation.
- While recommended, face masks are not required in any school settings from 22 April 2022. Any students or staff members who wish to wear a mask may do so, including those who are medically at-risk.
- Everyone including students aged 8 years and above must wear a face mask when travelling on public transport, taxis or ride share vehicles.
- Service Victoria QR code check-in is not required at school.
- All staff, students and visitors to school should practise good hand hygiene, particularly on arrival to school, before and after eating, after blowing their nose, coughing, sneezing or using the toilet.
- Staff should practise physical distancing 1.5m between themselves and other staff members or adults to the extent that is reasonably practicable. Students should practise physical distancing where possible.
Moreover, as there are only 8 weeks in Term 2 in 2022 and teachers are required to complete Semester 1 School Report in advance, the end-of-term tests would be scheduled in Week 7 (11/12 June) for all year levels.
For teachers, students and parents visiting the senior campus of MWSC, due to the construction work of MWSC, some classes would be relocated in Term 2 and parking arrangements would also be different. Please refer to a separate notice for details.
Keep safe and well. Let’s see you on campus this weekend.
Kevin Hu, Principal