新金山中文学校校长信箱 （02/03/2022）Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School Principal’s Message
- 所有师生在来校工作、上课后检测为阳性的，请及时通知班主任老师，并发电邮给学校：[email protected]，以便学校及时通知与其密切接触的师生及时做检测；
这里，还有跟大家报告一下，2022年澳式足球AFL赛季即将开始。AFL非常重视在多元文化社区的推广宣传，最近，Rebecca Herft, Participation Coordinator – Eastern Region (AFL Victoria)，Diana Lin, Ambassador of AFL Victoria，Kiko He, Participation Coordinator (Diversity, AFL Victoria) 到访我校，计划在我校开展AFL/Auskick 项目活动。我校曾先后与AFL几个球队结成社区合作伙伴，近两年是Melbourne球队的支持者，他们去年夺得联赛的冠军。希望我们学校社区有更多的人关注AFL活动。
新金山中文学校是一所旨在保护儿童安全的社区语言学校，如果您对我校的有关儿童安全相关政策有任何疑问或建议，请登陆我校网站 https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/或致电98881688进行查询，也可发邮件至[email protected]
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
I would like to let you know that from this weekend (5/6 March) students of all year levels would return to campus, which means Early Learning classes would be available onsite, Year 1-10 students would turn to onsite learning and VCE 11 and 12 students would remain onsite learning as usual.
With a high level of vaccination, the government is encouraging the communities to return to normal. XJS would follow all the DET regulations and return to onsite learning from this weekend. To ensure the health and safety of all community members, we would like all the teachers, parents and students to observe the following instructions when visiting our campuses on weekends:
- All the teaching and admin staff are expected to have received two doses of vaccination already and the third dose is expected to be received by 25 March.
- Any teacher or student with suspected covid symptoms is not expected to come to school unless with negative test results.
- All the parents are expected to have received two doses of vaccination already and the third dose is expected to be received by 25 March. No parents are allowed to stay on campus during class time except that their children are attending Early Learning classes.
- If any student or teacher is identified as a positive case after attending our classes, please inform class teachers and email us at [email protected]. We need to inform all the relevant close contact person to get tested.
- All the year 3 to 6 students are required to wear face masks on campus as requested by DET. All the teachers and year 7-12 students are encouraged to wear face masks on campus.
- Please keep 1.5 metres social distance during break time and in the office reception area.
Students and teachers’ health and safety are always the priority of our school. Thanks to the support of Department of Health and Human Services Victoria, we have prepared some antigen test kits for each campus. Any unwell student and staff on campus would receive test immediately. If identified as positive cases, they would be isolated and suggested to leave the campus immediately.
Apart from the health issue, I would also like to talk about the traffic safety issue here with parents.
Many parents claim that they are quite happy with our teachers and teaching quality, but not traffic conditions around MWN campus, junior campus and senior campus of MWSC.
We used to arrange staff and volunteers to guide the traffic around the campus during peak time. However, we were then advised by the local city council that we were not allowed to guide traffic on the streets outside the campus. For many parents who are not familiar with local streets around the campus, especially during peak time on weekends, the traffic jam on the streets around the campus is quite serious. The residents nearby have reported us to the local city council and police office for many times which have brought great pressure to mainstream schools and our school as well.
Therefore, I would like to suggest all the parents: 1) drop off your child/ren before 9:30; 2) park your cars 30 to 50 metres away from campus where there is no parking limit; 3) follow traffic rules and read parking signs carefully before parking to avoid unnecessary fines (please do not block the driveways of local residents); 4) give ways to others when needed to set up a good example for your child/ren.
I would like to let you know that 2022 AFL season is coming soon. AFL pays very special attention to multicultural communities. Recently, Rebecca Herft, Participation Coordinator – Eastern Region (AFL Victoria), Diana Lin, Ambassador of AFL Victoria，Kiko He, Participation Coordinator (Diversity, AFL Victoria) would visit our school to promote AFL/Auskick program. We used to establish community partnership with some AFL teams and have been the supporter of Melbourne Football Club in the recent years who won the 2021 Grand Final. Hope more and more school community members would love and support AFL.
Welcome back to campus and keep safe and healthy.
Let’s see you on weekend.
Kevin Hu, Principal