抗忧郁热线：1300 224 636 （网站：https://www.beyondblue.org.au/）
抗忧郁新冠支持服务热线：1800 512 348 （https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au/）
抗家庭暴力支持热线：1800 737 732（网站：https://1800respect.org.au/）
儿童帮助热线：1800 551 800（网站：https://kidshelpline.com.au/）
精神健康热线：1800 650 890（网站：https://headspace.org.au/）
- 我校有110多位学生报名参加首届五大洲华裔青少年汉字棋比赛。主办方将会安排适当的培训辅导，请还没有加入我校汉字棋师生群的学生和家长发信给学校（[email protected]）索取二维码入群接受比赛信息。
- 学校将为有一定书法基础的学生开展培训，并组织他们参加中国国内举办的国际华裔青少年书法比赛。由专业书法老师执教，免费培训。有兴趣的同学请发邮件报名。请注明你的姓名、年龄和联系电话，最好附上一份书法作品（限额20位）。电邮地址：[email protected]。
新金山中文学校是一所旨在保护儿童安全的社区语言学校，如果您对我校的有关儿童安全相关政策有任何疑问或建议，请登陆我校网站 https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/或致电98881688进行查询，也可发邮件至[email protected]
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
Since the start of Term 2, the Covid-19 and flu has made great impact on our daily lives and recently many teachers and students have been away due to sickness. We always put the health and safety of our teachers and students in our first priority and strictly follow the relevant regulations required by DET and CLV.
I would like to present my sincere appreciation to all the teachers, students and parents for understanding and supporting each other when some teachers and students are away due to sickness and the school is operating smoothly during this special time thanks to your great support. I’m very proud of having you as our community members.
I encourage you to continue following covid regulations as usual and receive flu vaccination if possible as winter is coming. For the safety of all our school community, teachers and students with positive covid test results and flu-like symptoms and fever are required to stay at home. Meanwhile, we highly recommend that all the teachers, students and parents wear face masks to stop the spread of covid and flu virus.
I understand that worries about health increase your anxiety and I encourage all of us to care and support each other. If you are in great anxiety, please seek help from the following professional advisors.
Lifeline: 131114 (https://www.lifeline.org.au/)
Depression support hotline: 1300 224 636 (https://www.beyondblue.org.au/)
Anxiety on covid hotline: 1800 512 348 (https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au/)
Family violence support hotline: 1800 737 732 (https://1800respect.org.au/)
Child support hotline: 1800 551 800 (https://kidshelpline.com.au/)
Mental health support hotline: 1800 650 890 (https://headspace.org.au/)
I would also like to report some events of the school to you.
- 320 students have registered in online Chinese Culture Camp and we are soon going to send out the camp notice to all the registered students. Please check your email box recently. I know some students have missed the due date for registration. We are communicating with relevant Chinese authorities and would inform you if there is any opportunity of late registration.
- 110 students have registered for Chinese character chess competition and the organiser is going to provide training for the competition. If you have registered the event yet haven’t joined the relevant wechat group, please send email to [email protected] requesting for group QR code.
- A special holiday event Chinese Culture & Arts Camp is coming (27 June – 1 July) on the Junior Campus of Mt Waverley Secondary College during term 2 break. Our school has successfully organised the event in the past 10 years and it has turned to be the signature event of XJS. This year, the Chinese Culture & Arts Camp is non-for-profit as usual (low fees will be charged) and the places are limited. Please read our event notice later if you are interested.
- We would provide Chinese calligraphy training for students with relevant skills and organise them to participate in International Youth Chinese Calligraphy Competition later. The training is delivered by professional teachers and free of charge. If you are interested, please send email to [email protected] with your name, age, contact number and one piece of your Chinese calligraphy work (20 places available).
It’s getting colder this week. Please keep warm and take care.
Kevin Hu, Principal