- 注意交通安全。由于日校的改造工程将在今年上半年结束，还会在一个时间段里给大家的泊车带来困难。建议大家：适当提前到校，或者在离校园100米之外无泊车限制的区域泊车。Mt Waverley 警察局长对我校家长每个周末送孩子来学习中文和中华文化表示肯定，尤其是有不少家长需要驾车1小时以上（目前我校最远的学生来自巴拉瑞特），他建议我将校园附近马路上的各种标志介绍给家长，提醒大家注意、以免受罚。他特别指出，家长严格遵守交通法规是对孩子最好的言传身教。我希望并相信我们所有的家长是明白这个道理的。
新金山中文学校是一所教育部认可的旨在保护儿童安全的社区语言学校，如果您对我校的有关儿童安全相关政策有任何疑问或建议，请登陆我校网站 https://xjs.vic.edu.au/child-safety/或致电98881688进行查询，也可发邮件至[email protected]
Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
I’m very pleased to inform you that 2023 Term 1 starts from this weekend on 4/5 Feb 2023.
Firstly, I would like to welcome the return of our teachers. They have made great achievements in 2022 and our Year 12 students have obtained wonderful VCE results. Lingyu Liu has gained full-score in Chinese Second Language Advance, XJS stays on the top list of Victoria for the number of students with 40+ and all our 10 IB class students gained full-score in their final exams. I would also love to welcome the return of over 3000 existing students and their parents who have presented their support and acknowledgement to our teachers and their performance. Also, I would like to give big welcome to over 100 new students. I believe they will make new friends at XJS and achieve improvement in Chinese language learning. I would like to present my sincere appreciation to our hard-working teachers, to our well-improved and well-performed students and to all the parents who have gone through all the difficulties year after year encouraging their children to keep on learning Chinese language at XJS.
Secondly, I would like to remind you some of the important issues as below at the start of the new year:
- Duty of care. Students’ wellbeing is at the first priority of teachers who are responsible for taking care of students’ mental and physical wellbeing at school. Each teacher at XJS has obtained a valid Working With Children Check and received relevant training regarding child safety and would try the best to avoid any behaviour against child safety code of conduct to create a healthy and pleasant school environment for learning Chinese language and culture.
- Respect for teachers. Students and parents are encouraged to respect teachers’ work and support teachers in class learning Chinese language and culture. XJS has zero tolerance for any inappropriate language and child abuse behaviour at school.
- Observation of rules and regulations. All the teachers, students and parents are expected to observe relevant rules and regulations of the school. XJS has developed a series of school policies as requested by DET which have been uploaded to the school website (www.xjs.vic.edu.au) after being accredited. Please read them carefully and treat them seriously.
- Food safety. Healthy food is encouraged on campus. Please DO NOT bring any nuts, food containing eggs or coloured drinks to school.
- Traffic safety. The construction work at MWSC would finish by the end of June and thus we still have to deal with parking difficulties for a period of time. I would recommend parents to arrive a bit earlier than usual or park 100 metres away from campus where there are unlimited parking spots. The Head Constable of Mt Waverley Police Station presents great appreciation for parents sending their children to XJS on weekends for years especially those who must travel for over an hour (currently the remotest students travelling from Ballarat). He suggests to show various parking signs around our campuses to parents to avoid unnecessary fines and points out that parents observing parking restrictions will set a good role model for children about road safety. I hope and I also believe every parent understands it.
At last, I would like to let you know that textbooks and relevant learning materials will be delivered to students’ classrooms on the first week of school and parents are not expected to collect them again in the office. Due to the coming of new students, we have re-organised some classes and students might have new teachers with them in the new year. Please allow students and teachers to get to know each other and find the best rhythm in learning. All our teachers are qualified and rich in teaching experience. If students find themselves not in the suitable classes after a few weeks, parents can visit our office onsite for class transfer arrangement in week 4.
I believe our teachers and students will a wonderful new journey in Chinese language teaching and learning in 2023.
I wish you all the best and see you on campus this weekend.
Kevin Hu, Principal
MW Junior Campus (Year 1-9) Site Map (Sat & Sun)
MW Senior Campus (Early Learning, Prep, Year 1-12) Site Map (Sat & Sun)